Access to the right data is critical to analyzing data and creating effective and compelling category management presentations and reports. One of the underlying goals of XP3 Suite is to keep the data acquisition and delivery process simple for its users.
Organizations that integrate different data sources, incorporate granular data and create adaptive data views can uncover better business insights for themselves and their customers.
XP3 DATA WORKSHOP
XP3 Data Workshop allows users to load and manage custom data views for a variety of reporting needs:
- Design Segmentation and Hierarchy: Import, create, and modify segmentation and heirarchy information
- Flexible Data Sourcing: Select and drill-down items based on heirarchy or segmentation; search for items on any dimension
- Define Aggregation Rules: Define aggregation rules for each measure and roll-up data during the import process
XP3 DIMENSIONAL DATA LOADER
XP3 Dimensional Data Loader makes it easy for users to load, transform, and aggregate data from virtually any format without pre-processing or cleansing. Processes can be fully automated and are flexible enough to adapt to changes in the data format without reconfiguration.
- Easy to Use: Complex load precesses can be designed using the visual wizard steps without writing code
- Unlimited Flexibility: Import from columns, rows, cells, table header, table worksheet names, or any combination thereof.
- Automated Import: Configurations can be saved & re-used. Load processes can be scheduled to run silently on the client or server side.
XP3 DATA INTEGRATOR
XP3 Data Integrator works in conjunction with XP3 Data Workshop to provide the mapping, integration and roll ups required for displaying data at various product hierarchy levels.
- Flexible Data Integration: Build and maintain libraries to integrate multiple data sources
- Automatic Matching: Match groups of items quickly using advanced pattern matching (Fuzzy Logic) algorithm
- Aggregation and Automatic Roll-ups: Multiple items such as promotional items can be automatically rolled up into one item for all data providers
IT TEAMS & DBAS
XP3 Data Automation tools allow IT Teams and DBAs to integrate and manage multiple data sources, customize category data, and create and manage hierarchies and segments using open database architecture.
Users also have the ability to map and in turn integrate disparate data sources including:
- Retailer Point-of-Sale
- Syndicated Data
- Shopper Data
- Loyalty Card Data
- NPD, 1010 Data and more.
- Internal Shipments and Financials
Being able to easily manage custom segmentation and hierarchies allows for:
- Users to uncover better business insights by incorporating multiple sources on a single chart, graph or report
- Category managers and sales analysts to analyze, view and share information relevant to their internal organization
- and/or their retail customer
DATA DOESN’T STOP THERE
Intelligent Data Loading: Load, identify and combine multiple data sources (IRI, Nielsen, household panel, Point-of-Sales, shipment and more) into one database. XP3 Data Workshop scans and formats user-loaded raw data for use in XP3 Suite.
Dimensions & Measure Definition: IT Teams and DBAs are provided a central interface to define and modify the contents of a data source. Users can define the display format for each measure along with aggregation rules. Users also have the ability to create custom measures.
Item Masking: Users can create custom labels for key dimensions and measures
Segmentation & Hierarchy Building: The segmentation and hierarchy builders allow users to create, edit and modify segmentation and/or hierarchical information. Users can manage UPC segmentation tables to create subtotals not provided by data vendors, or build custom category hierarchies. Users can also manage subtotals that are calculated on-the-fly.
Open Database Platform: XP3 Automation tools are compatible with any ODBC engine, DBMS or any data source permitting an open database connection in a non-proprietary database format. Users can import multidimensional data from and into Microsoft® SQL Server or Oracle or create smaller local slices using Microsoft® Access.
Data Selection Features: Users can order, sort, drag and drop, and filter data selections by segmentation, hierarchy or character match.
Map & Integrate Disparate Data Sources: XP3 Automation allows users to build and maintain maps of products, geographies and other dimensions. Users can seamlessly integrate data from multiple data sources.
- Map values in different data sources to a single user-friendly name for any dimension including categories, segments, geographies, products, and measures
- Automatically match items using various algorithms including “Fuzzy Match”, an algorithm for matching items with no unique key value
- Use the advanced filtering technology to quickly find specific items in the dictionaries or master list. This feature allows users to quickly identify new unmapped items with each data update
Using maps created in XP3 Data Integrator, our XP3 Data Workshop component can merge data sources into a single, integrated database, increasing the quality of analysis and insights.